Home Fires Happen in the Summer Too!
Be Aware of Fire Hazards in your home.
- When you are asleep you wont smell the smoke from a fire.
- The use of heaters, air conditioners, cigarettes and candles are common causes of fire.
- You are twice as likely to die in a home fire if you DON’T have a working smoke alarm.
- Electrical appliance and faults cause almost 40% of home fires.
- Fire and Rescue NSW response to approximately 4500 Residential Fires Each Year. Half of these fires start in the kitchen, mostly due to unattended cooking.